The purpose of the Office of Emergency Management is to execute Klamath County’s responsibilities to maintain an emergency management system as prescribed in ORS 401 by planning, preparing and providing for the prevention, mitigation and management of emergencies or disasters that present a threat to the lives and property of citizens of and visitors to Klamath County.
The agency is responsible for coordinating and facilitating emergency planning, preparedness, response and recovery activities with the state and local emergency services agencies and organizations.
Emergency Management may:
- Coordinate the activities of all public and private organizations specifically related to providing emergency services within this state;
- Maintain a cooperative liaison with emergency services agencies and organizations;
- Administer grants relating to emergency program management and emergency management for the county;
- Provide for and staff a County Emergency Operations (Coordination) Center to aid the Commissioners and other county officials and other local agencies and organizations in the performance of their duties;
- Coordinate training and achievement of professional standards for local emergency program management personnel;
- Establish task forces and advisory groups to assist in achieving mandated objectives and responsibilities and other tasks as desired by the Board of Commissioners.