Records Unit


Criminal Records

Klamath County Sheriff's Office

3300 Vandenberg Rd.

Klamath Falls, OR 97603

Phone: 541-883-5130 option 3

Facsimile: 541-883-4271

If mailing request in please send to ATTENTION:  Records

Public Records Requests


What does the Records Unit do?

The Criminal Records Unit is responsible for the processing the police reports generated by Klamath County Sheriff’s Office deputies.  All reports are scanned and entered into a records management system. 

The Criminal Records Unit is crucial in order to prosecute crimes.  Unit members are responsible for making sure that proper government agencies receive the reports and the necessary documents associated with a case. Examples include the District Attorney’s office that will prosecute the case, the Oregon Liquor Control Commission when an establishment or person is unlawfully serving alcohol to another person, the Oregon Department of Transportation when someone is involved in a motor vehicle accident and the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms administration when someone unlawfully possesses a firearm under Federal Law.

Unit members conduct local records checks and process requests for copies of reports that are releasable for public inspection. They also enter and maintain all persons and property into the Law Enforcement Data System – the statewide database that is accessible to all law enforcement agencies for purposes of confirming the existence of stolen items and missing or wanted persons.

The Records Unit is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., closed between 12:00 and 1:00 pm.  


How do I request a copy of a report?

Where can I obtain a criminal history record check on someone?         

Answer: By law, only the Oregon State Police Identification Services Section can perform such a function. You may call them at 503-378-3070, or visit their website at:

I received a citation to appear in court and lost the citation. Where do I go?

Answer: You need to contact either the Circuit Court or Justice Court if a Deputy Sheriff issued you a citation. If a City Police Officer issued you a citation, it is possible you need to contact the Municipal Court of that particular jurisdiction.

Klamath County Circuit Court: 541-883-5503 (general information)    

Klamath County Justice Court: 541-884-1864

I need to be fingerprinted, where can I get this done?

Fingerprinting information