Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Release Date: August 20, 2019
Closing Date: September 30, 2019
Contact Person: Board of County Commissioners, 305 Main Street, Klamath Falls, OR 97601 Tel: (541) 883-5100, firstname.lastname@example.org
Klamath County is seeking candidates to fill the vacant Klamath County Surveyor electoral position and perform the duties of that office as required by Oregon law.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Checking record of survey maps for compliance with Oregon statutes and file them in the surveyors office as public records,
• Review subdivision, Land Partition and Condominium plats for compliance with Oregon statutes and the Klamath County Land Development Code, index and file exact copies of record plats.
• Assist the public and other county departments with interpreting legal descriptions, road right of way records and general surveying research.
• Prepare annual budgets and present budget information to the Board of County Commissioners and the budget committee.
• To recover, restore and preserve Public Land Survey System monuments.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume for consideration. Candidates may be selected to be interviewed by the Klamath County Board of Commissioners (“Board”). The Board will use the following criteria to select and appoint the County Surveyor:
Eligibility and Qualifications:
• Overall experience in providing surveying services.
• Knowledge and experience with County Surveyor duties.
• Ability to provide required duties in a timely and professional manner.
• Qualified elector/registered voter.
The successful applicant will be required to comply with all applicable county, state and federal laws, regulations, policies, guidelines and requirements.
The appointment of the individual chosen starts upon appointment and runs through December 31, 2020. This position will then be filled by a candidate elected through the general election process in the spring of 2020. At this time, the Board prefers to appoint a candidate who seriously considers running for election in 2020. The successful applicant will need to file for election no later than March 10, 2020 for the May 2020 primary.
Submit your application, letter of interest, and resume via email to email@example.com (preferred) or hand deliver to Sandra Cox, 305 Main Street, 2nd Floor by September 30, 2019.